નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૭૭૭, રાગ - ધોળ
Nādbrahma pada - 777, rāga - dhol
Mahila Mandal - Syadla (Recorded in 2011)
હું તો હરજી જોવાને નિસરી, મારા ગુરુજીએ દીધો ઉપદેશ ...વ્હાલાજીને નીરખવા
huň to haraji jovā-ne nisari, mārā guru-ji-e didho up-desh ... vahālāji-ne nirakhavā
મારે શીલ સંતોષ કલ્લાં કાંબી, મારે ઝાંઝર પ્રેમ વૈરાગ્ય ... ૧
māre shil saňtosh kallā kāmbi, māre jhāň-jhar prem vai-rāgya ... 1
મેં તો શ્યામ સોનાનું લીધું બેડલું, છોડી ચાલ્યાં ઘરનાં કામ ... ૨
meň to shyām sonā-nu lidhuň bedalu, chhodi chālyā ghar-nā kām ... 2
વ્હાલે બંસી બજાવે એના રંગમાં, મારા ઘરમાં ઘડી ન રહેવાય ... ૩
vahāle baňsi bajāve enā raňg-maň, mārā ghar-māň ghadi na rahe-vāy ... 3
વ્હાલો શેરીમાં સામો મળ્યો, હું તો લળી લળી લાગું પાય ... ૪
vahālo sheri-maň sāmo malyo, huň to lali lali lāguň pāya ... 4
વહાલે ચુંદડી ઓઢાડી પાકા રંગની, છેડે આત્મારામનો રંગ ... ૫
vahāle chuňdadi oDhādi pākā raňg-ni, chhede ātmā-rām-no raňg ... 5
હું તો ભર્મે ભૂલી સેંથો પૂર્યો, પૂરી દાસ ગોપાલની આશ ... ૬
huň to bharme bhuli seňtho puryo, puri dās gopāl-ni āsh ... 6
[Legends and devotional songs are full of vivid narratives of dreamy and passionate loving relationship of Radha and Krishna. This devotional song vividly narrates the mental state of a devout worshiper, who is out meet her beloved Shyam under one pretext or the other. Let us try to dwell into joyful devoutness of the lover. ]
0. Here I have left to see Hari - my beloved God. Following the sermon delivered by my Guru Ji, I am on my way to perceive my fond beloved God. Burning with the desire to meet one's lover - God - she mentions different reasons. The first reason she cites is that her Guru has advised her to go and meet Hari - her beloved Shyam.
1. For me, my character and satisfaction derived out of worship are like valuable silver ornaments adorned on my wrist and ankle (Kalla and Kaambi). Besides, cymbals and chains of anklets are symbolic of my love and asceticism.
2. Hey Shyam! I have left my home to meet you carrying a gold pitcher, leaving behind all household chores. Ever wonder what gold pot a devout carried along? Here, poetically the devout worshiper conveys her heart is like a pot of gold, and when God beckons, she gives up all the routines of household to rush to her divine beloved.
3. When the inner voice of spiritual love sounds like a lilting tunes played by Shyam on his flute, devout worshiper gets absorbed with color of spiritual love. How could a passionate disciple remain in home, when the Supreme Divine gives a call for union!
4. Moved by love of fervent disciple sometimes, it is not surprising that God may walk up to meet His disciple. As she left hurriedly to meet her Lord, He chose to come forward to meet her. Bending forward lovingly she falls at the feet of the Almighty.
5. And then, moved by her devotion, God places colorful coverlet on her. The coverlet is dyed with unfading everlasting color.
Saint Poet Meerabai has sung, "મૈંને ઓઢી કાલી કાંબળી ચઢે ન દૂજો રંગ". I have wrapped myself in a black shawl, which cannot be dyed with any other color. My soul is dyed with spiritual color and no other tint would touch to tarnish it.
6. At last, the worshiper mentally wedded to Krishna - her spiritual spouse, says, stirred by love, I have embellished my parting of hair with vermilion as a mark of being married. Being married with the Supreme Soul is reflected by poet Gopal Das is akin to mark of spiritual realization and attainment of spiritual unification with the Supreme Divine.