નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૧૫૬, રાગ - કલ્યાણ
Nādbrahma pada 156, rāga - kalyān
Kapura Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1991)
Dhaman Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1971)
સંત સમાગમ કીજે રે ભાઇ, સંત સમાગમ કીજે રે ભાઇ;
જાણ અજાણ ચુવે પારસકો, પલટ લોહા કંચન હો જાઇ ... ટેક
saňt samā-gam kije re bhā-ii, saňt samā-gam kije re bhā-ii
jān ajān chuve pāras-ko, palat lohā kaňchan ho jā-ii ... repeat
ભાત ભાત બનરાઇ જો કહીએ, ભીન્ન ભીન્ન વા કો નામ ધરાઇ;
ચંદન કે જા કો બાસ લગત હૈ, ચંદન હાંત બેર ન લાઇ ... ૧
bhāt bhāt ban-rāii jo kahi-e, bhin-na bhin-na vā ko nām dharā-ii
chaňdan ke jā ko bās lagat hai, chaňdan hāňt ber na lā-ii ... 1
નૌકા રૂપ કહીએ સત સંગત, વામે જે કોઇ બૈઠે આઇ;
ઔર ઉપાય નહિ તરવે કો, સુંદર કાઢી રામ દુહાઇ ... ૨
na-u-kā rup kahi-e sat saňgat, vāme je koii bai-the ā-ii
a-u-r u-pāy nahi tarave ko, suňdar kāDhi rām duhā-ii ... 2
1. Kapura Bhajan Mandal - January 6, 2004
2. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - May 11, 2009
3. Uda Bhakta Bhajan Mandal - May 17, 2008, Bhakta Bhajan Sammelan at Bhakta Cultural Center, Norwalk, CA
4. Nansad Bhajan Mandal - Rāg Kanado - July 31, 2010, Bhakta Bhajan Sammelan at Humble Civic Center, Humble, TX
1. Expounding on the need to be in company of virtuous beings, the poet says, Brother, develop companionship or association with people of spiritual and saintly disposition. Who knows, whether knowingly or unknowingly, you get associated with an individual, who may enable you to attain spiritual realm? It is something like a piece of iron that turns into a chunk of gold by mere touch of a magical stone, called Parasmani.
2. As we look at different forms of growth of vegetation, we name them differently as garden, forest, woods, backyard and so forth. But, only a tree that exudes sweet aroma of sandalwood is different from all. A tree of sandalwood cannot give Ber (fruit of jujube tree).
3. Association of saints is like a boat ride to fathom the ocean of life. One does not have to take risk of swimming across, if such a boat is available. Just chanting Ram’s name and being in a company of pious saint is enough to attain salvation.