નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૨૦૪, રાગ - કાલેરો
Nādbrahma pada 204, rāga - kālero
Tarsadi Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1982 in Mumbai)
Tarsadi Bhajan Mandal (Recorded on January 7, 2007 at Tarsadi Mandir)
Orna Bhajan Mandal (Recorded on February 23, 2006)
આજ વૃન્દાવન આનંદ સાગર, શામળિયો સંગે રાસ રમે;
નટવર વેશે બંસી બજાવે, ગોપીઓ ને મન ગોવિંદ ગમે ... ટેક
āja vrundā-van ānaňd sāgar, shā-maliyo saňge rās rame
nat-var veshe baňshi bajāve, gopi-o ne man goviňd game ... repeat
સોળ કળાની શશી શિર ઉપર, ઉડુગણ સહિત વિમાન ભમે;
નીર ગંભીર સ્થિર યમુના તટ, ત્રિવિધ તનના તાપ શમે ... ૧
sol kalā-ni shashi shir u-par, udu-gan sahit vimān bhame
nir gam-bhir sthir yamunā tat, trividha tan-nā tāp shame ... 1
ગોપી નીસર્યા નરહરિ જોવાને, નીકળ્યા સોળે શણગાર સજી;
ટોળે ટોળાં ઊભા રહીને, નીરખત નયણા ભરી ભરી ... ૨
gopi nisharyā nar-hari jovā-ne, nikalyā sole shan-gār saji
tole tolā ubhā rahi-ne, nira-khat nayanā bhari bhari ... 2
એક એક ગોપી બીચમા માધવ, કરગ્રહી મંડલી માંહી રમે;
તા થૈ તા થૈ તાન મિલાવે, રાગ રાગણી શમે રે શમે ... ૩
eka eka gopi bichamā mādhav, kara-grahi maňdali māňhi rame
tā thai tā thai tān milāve, rāg rāgani shame re shame ... 3
હરખ્યાં સુરિનર દેવ મુનિજન, પુષ્પ વૃષ્ટિ કરી ચરણે નમે;
ભણે નરસૈંયો ધન વ્રજ નારી, જેણે કાજે જોગી દેહ દમે ... ૪
harakhyā suri-nar dev muni-jan, pushpa vrushti kari charane name
bhane nar-sai-yo dhan vraj nāri, jene kāje jogi deh dame ... 4
1. Dhaman, Asundar, Padgha, Sarai - 1982
2. Syadla Bhajan Mandal - 1981
3. Houston-San Antonio - May 18, 2008, Bhajan Sammelan at Shree Ramkabir Mandir
4. Tarsadi Bhajan Mandal - June 6, 2009, Bhajan Sammelan at Shree Ramkabir Mandir
5. Orna Bhajan Mandal - February 23, 2006
6. Rupvada and Lotarva - 1 of 2 January 6, 2010
Rupvada and Lotarva - 2 of 2 January 6, 2010
7. Orna Bhajan Mandal - September 2, 2010, Janmashtami
[There is a legend about Bhakt Narsinh Mehta. Narsinh Mehta did penance to please Lord Shiva seven days at Indreshwar Mahadeva near Girnar Mountain at Junagadh, Gujarat. Appeased Lord Shiva appeared before Narsinh asked him to request for a boon. Narsinh expressed his desire that he wanted to see Leela of Shri Krishna. Lord Shiva took him to Vaikuntha to witness Shri Krishna's Leela. Shiva handed Narsinh a burning torch (mashaal) while he watched Krishna's dance. While watching Krishna dancing Narsinh lost all awareness of self. The wooden torch burnt all the way down to his arm, but Narsinh was oblivious of his burning arm. Shri Krishna saw this and came running to his rescue and restored his arm. Narsinh pleaded with Krishna to come to him whenever he needed him. Shri Krishna agreed and thus Krishna came to do his household work whenever Narsinh went out for bhajan and arrange for his monetary needs.]
This bhajan portrays the scenario that Narsinh perceived in the heaven or his Bhav Jagat.
0. Today, Vrindavan has turned into an ocean of divine joy as Gopis dance with Krishna (Shamaliyo). Krishna plays his flute clad in attire of Natvar, as Gopis adore Govind.
1. The full moon has climbed high in the sky as if a plane carrying all deities to watch heavenly dance of Govind. Even the waters of river Jamuna have stilled and river banks have turned silent and the entire scenario watching dancing Krishna is relieving all three sorts of discomforts (mental, maladies and worldly difficulties) that torment humans.
2. All Gopis adorning graceful jewellery and garments (sixteen adornments) rushing to watch holy Krishna as crowds of people have gathered to heartily watch him dancing.
3. Krishna is playing such gracefully that, each Gopi feels as if Krishna is dancing with her holding and clapping with each one in circular formation (called Ras). Krishna and Gopis are dancing with playful beats of drums and lilting tuneful songs.
4. The eyes of men and deities alike feel graced by watching such a divine event as they shower flower petals on Lord Krishna and bow down seeking his blessings. Delighted Bhakt Narsinh says, the Gopis of Vruj are so lucky that, to get such a birth, ascetics and devout perform severe penance, are not as lucky as the Gopis were.