નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૬૧૮, રાગ - મેવાડો
Nādbrahma pada 618, rāga - mevādo
Syadla Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1982 in Mumbai)
Tarsadi Bhajan Mandal (Recorded on January 7, 2007 at Tarsadi Mandir)
આજનો હિંડોળો રે અતિ રળિયામણો, તહાં ઝુલે નંદનો કુમાર;
સંગે ઝુલે રે રાધા સુંદરી, રાય વૃષભાનની કુમારી ... ટેક
āja-no hiňdolo re ati raliyā-mano, tahāň jhule naňda-no kumār
saňge jhule re ho rādhā suňdari, rāy vrusha-bhān-ni kumāri ... repeat
કનકના સ્તંભ રે બે હીરે જડ્યા, દાંડી સોહે સુંદર ચાર;
પંચ ને પીરોજા રે અતિશય ઝલહળે, ફરતી મોતીઓની ઝુલ ... ૧
kanak-nā stambh re be hire jadyā, dāňdi sohe suňdaa chār
paňch ne pirojā re ati-shay jhal-hale, farati moti-o-ni jhul ... 1
ઝુલાવવાને આયી રે વ્રજની સુંદરી, તેને સોહે સોળ શણગાર;
રુમ ઝુમ કરતાં રે સર્વે નીસરી, હંસગામીની રે નાર ... ૨
jhulāv-vāne āyi re vraj-ni suňdari, tene sohe sol shan-gār
rum jhum karatā re sarve ni-sa-ri, haňsa-gāmi-ni nār ... 2
વાજીંત્ર વાજે રે બહુ વિધવિધના, વૈષ્ણવજન ગાયે સાર;
સુરિનર મુનિ રે સર્વે મોહી રહ્યા, બોલે જૈ જૈ શબ્દ રસાલ ... ૩
vājiňtra vāje re bahu vidh-vidh-nā, vaishnav-jan gāye sār
suri-nar muni re sarve mohi rahyā, bole jai jai shabda rasāl ... 3
અંત્રીક્ષથી આવી રે ઇન્દ્ર ઊભા જુએ, જહાં ઝુલે દેવમોરાર;
શોરા શોરી રે ઝુલે સન્મુખ રહી, હરિજશ ગાવે કેશવદાસ ... ૪
aňtriksha-thi āvi re indra ubhā ju-e, jahāň jhule dev-morār
shorā shori re jhule sanmukh rahi, hari-jash gāve keshav-dās ... 4
1. Syadla Bhajan Mandal - 1 of 2 1981
Syadla Bhajan Mandal - 2 of 2 1981
2. Rupvada Bhajan Mandal - Janmashtami 2009
3. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - September 5, 2015, Janmashtami
[It is often mystical in nature, related to the spiritual union of people with God, because almost all of the poets were considered God-realized saints and their words are thus considered as emanating from a divine source. This Bhajan vividly narrates moments of passionate love of Krishna and his sweetheart Radha delightfully rocking on an enchantingly wonderful swing.]
0. Singing in praise of his God, the spiritual poet Keshavdas describes stunning splendor of a swing erected today. The embellished swing with looks much pleasing to the eyes, as son of Nand Baba is enjoying rocking it. But he is not alone. He is accompanied by beautiful lass, Radha - daughter of Vrushabhan to provide playfield for the son of Nand and daughter of Vrushbhan!
1. Erected on two diamond studded gold pillars, spectacle of the celestial swing is breath-taking. The four elegant poles supporting the swing add to the magnificence worth beholding. Embellished with cerulean and turquoise jewels, and enlaced with brightly lustrously and shining pearls flounce adds glimmer to the swing.
2. Gracefully attired with sixteen bridal adornments* beautiful women gathered to rock the swing. Sedately moving with swan-like gait and jingling anklets all the young women of Vrundavan left their homes to have glimpse of their God.
3. Different musicians harmoniously play tuneful melodies on varying musical instruments as Vaishnavaites sing along religious songs. The great sages and saints are delighted listening to the devotional songs and in pleasantly praise of God chanting 'Jay...!! Jay...!!'.
4. Several deities have come down from the heavens, as even the King of Heaven - Indra too, stood aside watching Dev-Morar rocking sedately on the heavenly swing. Fascinated by magnificence of Shri Krishna - an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, even the deities considered themselves honored and privileged. Boys and girls too, swinging merrily before their Supreme Divine, that Keshvdas sang praising Hari!
*Sixteen bridal adornments encompass sixteen steps of beautification, from head to toe at the time of wedding. This beautification ritual, a woman is equated with the divinity of Goddess Lakshmi - the goddess of prosperity, fertility and beauty in Hinduism. In fact, this ritual is a celebration of the beauty of the woman and according to the Hindu mythology.