નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૨૪૭, રાગ - સોરઠ
Nādbrahma pada 247, rāga - sorath
Syadla Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1982 in Mumbai)
Dhaman Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1971)
ગિરિધર પ્રીતમ પ્યારો, રાણાજી મારે, ગિરિધર પ્રીતમ પ્યારો;
હૈ ઘટભીતર ઘટહું સે ન્યારો, સબકો સર્જનહારો ... ટેક
giri-dhar pri-tam pyāro, rānā-ji māre, giri-dhar pri-tam pyāro;
hai ghat-bhitar ghat-huň se nyāro, sab-ko sarjan-hāro re ... repeat
ધના ભગત કો ક્ષેત્ર નીપજાવ્યો, નામ કો છાપ છવાંયો;
કબીરા કે ઘર પોઠ જ લાયે, આપ ભયો વણજારો ... ૧
dhanā bhagat ko kshetra nip-jāv-yo, nām ko chhāp chhavāyo;
kabirā ke ghar poth ja lāye, āpa bhayo van-jāro ... 1
વિષ રે ફેડી ને વ્હાલે વિષયા કીધી, ભક્ત ચંદ્રહાસ ઉગાર્યો;
ગૌતમ નારી અહલ્યા તારી, કીર કુટુંબ સબ તાર્યો ... ૨
vish re fedi ne vahāle vishayā kidhi, bhakta chaňdra-hās u-gāryo;
ga-u-tam nāri ahalyā tāri, kir kutumba sab tāryo ... 2
ગજ કે કારણે પ્રભુ પેદલ ધાયા, દ્રૌપદીકો ચીર બઢાયો;
હિરણાકંસ કો ઉદર વિડાર્યો, જન પ્રહ્લાદ ઉગાર્યો ... ૩
gaj ke kārane prabhu pedal dhāya, dra-u-padi-ko chir baDhāyo;
hiranā-kaňs ko udar vidāryo, jan prah-lād ugāryo ... 3
મીરાં કહે પ્રભુ ગિરિધરના ગુણ, સબ સંતનકો પ્યારો;
જન્મો જન્મ કી દાસી તુમ્હારી, કહો રાણા કોણ વિચારો ... ૪
mirā kahe prabhu giri-dhar-nā gun, sab saňtan-ko pyāro;
janamo janam ki dāsi tumhāri, kaho rānā kon vichāro ... 4
1. Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - May 2, 2005
2 Shree Ramkabir Mandir Bhajan Mandal - October 4, 2010, Rāga - Hindolā-nu Māru
3. Panama Bhajan Mandal - July 31, 2010, Bhakta Bhajan Sammelan at Humble Civic Center, Humble, TX, USA
4. Panama Bhajan Mandal - March 6, 2012, Bhakta Bhajan Sammelan at Sociedad Hindostana de Panama, Panama City, Panama
5. Houston - July 14, 2015
Queen of Medta, Meera ardently loved Shri Krishna. Her love for Shri Krishna was so much profound that she thought of herself as wedded to him and her marriage with the King of Medta was false.
0. Addressing the king she says, "Rana Ji, Giridhar Krishna is my darling lover. He is unique inside-out and he is the Supreme Creator of all.
1. Krishna managed to grow mulberry tree at the house of Dhana Bhagat, and spread his glory true to his name. Krishna also, arranged to get double packsacks of domestic essentials, and Krishna himself acted as merchant (Vanjaaro) carrying goods to different places on bullocks.
2. Inspired My loved one, Lord Krishna, daughter of minister Ghrishtabuddhi, changed the word Vish (poison) into Vishaya (her own name) and got her married to him, and in this manner she managed to save life of Chandrahaas. He also helped Sage Gautam's wife attain emancipation and also ensured Nirvana of Keer family.
3. And when Airawat* was caught by a crocodile, Bhagwan Vishnu ran barefoot to save his life, and supplied lengths of wraps to Draupadi to protect her honour. Incarnated as Bhagwan Narsinh, he also saved life of his devout Prahlad and also ensured his emancipation by tearing of stomach of Hiranyakashyap and thus killing him.
4. Singing in praise of Prabhu Giridhar Meera says, he is dearest to all saintly beings. As she has always considered herself maid-servant of Krishna, why she should think of being a wife of Rana?
ચંદ્રહાસ chaňdra-hās - In ancient times, Chandrahaas was born as a prince of Angad kingdom result of a boon granted by Mahadev. But by six months of his age, his parents were assassinated. A maid-servant escaped taking him along to another kingdom of King Kuntal. When Chandrahaas was five, the maid-servant died. Young boy used to do errands and worship Lord Vishnu. When some Brahmins were invited for luncheon, the King Kuntal, taking pity on the devout child he asked him to come for luncheon. When his minister Ghrishtbudhi discarded Chandrahaas during preferring worships to Brahmins, Sage Galav predicted, "Ghrishtabuddhi, the child whom you have discarded will, one day, become your son-in-law." Ghrishtabuddhi asked contract killers to kill the child, but they let the child live and they cheated the minister providing false evidences of his death.
Later, a childless King Kulind adopted Chandrahaas as his son. Ghrishtabuddhi saw that Chandrahaas was the adopted son of King Kulind. Thinking of a plan, he requested the King Kulind to spare prince Chandrahaas to send a message to his son, Madan. Ghrishtabuddhi handed a sealed envelope to the prince with a following message:
‘સ્વસ્તિશ્રી કૌંતલપુર સ્થાન મદનકુંવર બળવંત,
અહીં ચંદ્રહાસને મોકલ્યો છે તે પત્ર લેજો ગુણવંત,
રૂપ ન જોશો, રંગ ન જોશો, ન પૂછશો ઘરસૂત્ર,
મુહૂર્ત ઘટી કોને ન પૂછશો એને વિષ દેજોની, પુત્ર.’
In short, he asked his son Madan to put Chandrahaas to death by poisoning him. On the other hand, where Chandrahaas was having afternoon siesta, the garden turned exotically green and full of flowers. Vishayaa, the daughter of Grishtabuddhi saw the young prince and fell in love with him at first sight. She found the envelope and read the message. Quickly thinking she changed the word Vish (વિષ) to Vishayaa (વિષયા). Now, the message read - "એને વિષયા દેજોની, પુત્ર" - give him Vishayaa, meaning get the daughter immediately married to the Prince. Isn't it truly said, 'Man proposes, God disposes'?
*Airawat = As per ancient legends, the elephant of Indra that was obtained during Samudra Manthan as the fourteenth precious thing.