નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૭૭૨, રાગ - ધોળ
Nādbrahma pada 772, rāga - dhol
હેતે હરિ ભજી લેજોની પ્રાણી, અવસર આવ્યો રૂડો જાણી;
મટી જાશે માયાની ઘાણી, તો જોની વિચારી પ્રાણીઆ રે ... ટેક
hete hari bhaji lejo-ni prāni, avasar āvyo rudo jāni
mati jāshe māyā-ni ghāni, to joni vichāri prāni-ā re ... repeat
માયાનું સુખ છે ઠાલું થોથાં, સંગ કરીને ખવડાવે ગોથાં;
હરિગુરૂ સંતનું ઝાલની ઓથું, તો અંત સમે ઉગારશે રે ... ૧
māyā-nu sukh chhe thālu thothā, saňg kari-ne khav-dāve gothā
hari-guru saňt-nu jhāl-ni o-thu, to aňt same ugār-she re ... 1
ઉગારવાનો એ રે ઓવારો, સફલ ફેરો થાશે તમારો;
અવસર આવ્યો અતિ સારો, તો રામ નિરંતર સેવીએ રે ... ૨
ugārvā-no e re o-vāro, safal fero thāshe tamāro
avasar āvyo ati sāro, to rām niraňtar sevi-e re ... 2
રામે અનંત કોટિ લીધાં ઉગારી, પતિત પાવન છો ગિરધારી;
અજામિલ ગજ ગુણકા તારી, તો તારણ તારણ શ્રીહરિ રે ... ૩
rāme anaňt koti lidhā ugāri, patit pāvan chho gira-dhāri
ajā-mil gaj gunakā tāri, to tāran tāran shri-hari re ... 3
શું રે બઠો જીવ રામ વિસારી, અંત સમે શી ગત થાશે તારી;
હરિદાસ હૈયામાં લેજોની ધારી, તો દોહ્યલાં દાસને જાણીને રે ... ૪
shuň re betho jiv rām visāri, aňt same shi gat thāshe tāri
hari-dās haiyā-māň lejo-ni dhāri, to dohyalā dās-ne jāni-ne re ... 4
Although Sadguru Shri Kabir Ji, perhaps, did not have formal education, yet his Bhajans and couplets are gems of wisdom rightly directing humanity in the direction of divine path! Different forms of expressions of love or affection could be found in the world. But an affection which is emanates out of any sort of compulsion is short lived and never lasting.
The following Bhajan exhorts on worship of God with utmost earnestness and love for God.
Kabir Ji says,
भाव बिना नहिं भक्ति जग, भक्ति बिना नहीं भाव।
भक्ति भाव इक रूप हैं, दोऊ एक सुझाव।।
[Devoid of loving devotion, reverence for God cannot be evoked, and without reverence for God, spiritual affection won't be evoked. Kabir Saheb further says, without Nishkam Bhakti (selfless or platonic devotion) love for God is not possible. Reverence and devotion are complementary to each other, which means, there is no difference between them. Quality, characteristics and nature of both, devotion and reverence are similar.]
But on the other hand, Saint Poet Tulsidas Ji, narrates an event in Sundar Kand of Ram Charit Manas, when the Ocean was not giving way to cross over to Lanka, lifting his bow and arrow, Lord Shri Rama reportedly said,
"विनय न मानत जलधि, जड़ गए तीन दिन बीति।
बोले राम सकोप तब भय बिनु होत न प्रीति।।
[Despite coaxing for three days, the ocean is not relenting and not allowing us to cross over to Lanka, Lord Rama angrily retorted, 'Love is not possible without fear!" But such love borne out of fear of life is never lasting and does not help us to unify our soul with the Supreme Soul.]
0. Prayers sung with ardent love for God enables a man to attain self-realization, which ultimately paves the way for emancipation. Merely singing Bhajans or prayers as religious rituals does not enable the soul to get liberated from the churning cycle of life, where birth and death follows through ages, and a soul remains bereft of attaining Moksha or emancipation. Only if the prayers or Bhajan is sung with true sense of devotion, it enables one to interconnect one's soul with the Supreme Soul.
Feelings of happiness, achievements, status in society etcetera are but illusionary. We keep running in pursuit of illusionary happiness as a deer runs towards mirage. The illusionary waters keep moving away and away, and ultimately the deer may collapse for lack of energy and unsatiated thirst. Kabirdas Ji says,
माया मरी न मन मरा, मर मर गये शरीर।
आशा तृष्णा ना मरी, कह गये दास कबीर।।
1. Saintly poet Kabirdas Ji says, body, mind, Maya (illusion) gets destroyed in the end, but hope and greediness are never destroyed. Therefore, one must avoid getting entrapped in the worldly illusionary hope and greed. What is advisable is to take recourse to the Almighty or an ideal Guru, as they only can alleviate one from the quagmire of worldly passions.
2. Now the time has come to save oneself from drowning into the unfathomable abyss of life and death. Here is an opportunity, for you as a human being to make the most of your turn of the life cycle of birth and death, and attain ultimate liberation. Continue to worship Lord Rama seeking His divine blessings. And that is the ultimate source of achieving Moksha.
3. Singing in the praise of God, Saintly Poet Haridas says, millions have been emancipated whoever worshiped Rama, who has also alleviated several from the quagmire of worldly mess. As legend describes, how life of an elephant named Ajamil, was saved by Lord Vishnu, from the jaws of death when a crocodile caught the elephant by his leg dragging it to the depths of waters and ultimate death. Truly, Shri Hari comes forward as a savior for those who worship with ardent devotional love.
4. It is said being born as a human being is the result of past good Karma. Once in universal lifetime of a soul such an opportunity comes. But the soul, having been born in this world and having been engulfed in the worldliness full of passions, avarice, greed and ignorance of self that oneself is an essence of the Supreme Soul, forgets his creator God - Rama! The poet Haridas Ji, fervently appeals to re-establish God within the heart, else our soul will have to bear the insurmountable pain and anguish of the never ending Life Cycle.