નાદબ્રહ્મ પદ - ૭૭૧, રાગ - ધોળ
Nādbrahma pada 771, rāga - dhol
Tarsadi Bhajan Mandal (Recorded in 1982 in Mumbai)
Mahila Mandal - Syadla (Recorded in 2011)
પ્રભુજી વિના મારે પલક ના ચાલે, વેણની વાત વધારી મારે વ્હાલે;
ધન્ય વિધાતા એ વર માંગુ, તો બલવંત માંગું બાં’યડી રે ... ટેક
prabhu-ji vinā māre palak nā chāle, ven-ni vāt vadhāri māre vahāle
dhanya vidhātā e var māňgu, to balavaňt māňgu bāňyadi re ... repeat
સાંભળ મા મા એ વર રૂડો, જેની દષ્ટિ એ સંસાર રૂડો;
નાનો છે તો પરાક્રમે પૂરો, તો રૂડો અવિચલ ચાંદલો રે ... ૧
sāmbhal mā mā e var rudo, jeni dashti-e saňsār chhe rudo
nāno chhe to parā-krame puro, to rudo avi-chal chāňdalo re ... 1
મોહની મારી નિર્મુખ જોતી, હું ફરૂં રંગ રસિયાને જોતી;
એ વર નજરે ન આવે બીજો કોઇ, તો હું મોહી ગોકુલ કહાનને રે ... ૨
moh-ni māri nirmukh joti, huň faru raňg rasiyā-ne joti
e var najare na āve bijo ko-ii, to huň mohi gokul kahān-ne re ... 2
જોષીડા તેડાવીને જોષ જોવડાવો, ઘડીયાલાં લગન લેવડાવો;
વાત વિવેકી એને વધાવો, તો કહાવો જશોદા નંદને રે ... ૩
joshidā tedāvi-ne josh jov-dāvo, ghadi-yāla lagan lev-dāvo
vāt viveki ene vadhāvo, to kahāvo jashodā naňda-ne re ... 3
ધોળીડાં તેડાવીને ધોળ ગવડાવો, નવરંગી ચોળી ચિતરાવો;
ચોંકેલા ખૂપને ખંતથી લખાવો, તો ધરાવો મુજ હરિને કારણે રે ... ૪
dholidā tedā-vine dhol gav-dāvo, nav-raňgi choli chit-rāvo
choňkelā khup-ne khaňt-thi lakhāvo, to dharāvo muj hari-ne kārane re ... 4
મારા પિતાજીને લક્ષ તમારૂં, જુઓ બાઇ ભાગ્ય પૂરશે તમારૂં;
પહોંચતા પહોંચે કોડ અમારો, તો રણછોડ બોલ્યા કરગરી રે ... ૫
mārā pitāji-ne laksha tamāru, ju-o ba-ii bhāgya pur-she tamāru
pahoňch-ta pahoň-che kod amāro, to ran-chhod bolyā kar-gari re ... 5
[Radha's connection to Krishna is of two types: svakiya-rasa (married relationship) and parakiya-rasa (a relationship signified with eternal mental "love"). The Gaudiya tradition focuses upon parakiya-rasa as the highest form of love, wherein Radha and Krishna share thoughts even through separation. The love the gopis feel for Krishna is also described in this esoteric manner as the highest platform of spontaneous love of God, and not of a sexual nature. That is all about devotion.
Saint Kabir Saheb has rightly said,
પ્રેમ બિના જો ભક્તિ હી સો નિજ દંભ વિચાર;
ઉદર ભરન કે કારન, જન્મ ગંવાયે સાર.
Worshiping devoid of love for God is not devotion, but absolutely hypocrisy or false pretense. An act of display of devotion is selfishness, which is performed for earning livelihood to satiate hunger. Everything else is worthless without true devotion. In fact, the basis of devotion or worship is love, therefore, worship God with utmost loving devotion, so as Nirvana or ultimate liberation could be attained.]
0. The disciple unable to bear separation from God reflects she cannot bear living without her Lord. Here, the disciple is supposed to be Radha, or for that matter Meera. Look at the depth of words to express the imagination of an ardent devout supposing God is chatting with her sweetly. Radha or Meera prays the Mother Destiny or Vidhata for betrothal with such a lover, who while being strong and stout, has a warm heart of a lover, willing to accept her as a his consort.
1. The mother for a daughter is like friend, philosopher and guide. She tells her mother, that the bridegroom is adoringly handsome, in whose vision the universe a beautiful. Although, he seems young, he is akin to a full moon shining enchantingly in the sky.
Moved by love for the lover Krishna, Passionately driven staring anxiously at her beloved Krishna, she does not feel like shifting her glance from her Lord. Her devotion is so deep, that she does not find anybody equal to her beloved lover. In spiritual terms, characterizing pietism and mentation, Saint Kabir Saheb says, "In this universe, devotion devoid of mentation is not possible and selfless devotion is not possible without platonic passion."
Kabir Saheb describes the way of worship through this couplet -
ભાવ બિના નહીં ભક્તિ જગ, ભક્તિ બિના નહીં ભાવ,
ભક્તિ ઔર ભાવ એક રૂપ હૈં, દોઊ એક સુઝાવ.
2. Devotion and passion are complimentary to each other, which means, there no difference between them. The qualities, characteristics and nature of both are just the same. No wonder, finding none equal to Him in Gokul, she has devotedly fallen in love for Shree Krishna.
3. A Gopi, anxious to get married with Shree Krishna, asks her elders to call for astrologers to find an auspicious time for marriage at the earliest. Even a spiritual seeker who has identified a right spiritual way may always be in hurry to reach the highest spiritual realm. She further asks to finalize the propitious date and time without further delay by communicating with Jashoda and Nand - the parents of prospective bridegroom - Shree Krishna.
4. Send for the drummers and singers alike. Since it is an event of wedding get the house and courtyards painted afresh. Enthusiastically write letters of invite to all and sundry, and even the royals. Write to them, you have given in marriage to the Lord Shree Krishna.
5. My father has determined to have you as my bridegroom, saying me, look lady, He will enable you to accomplish your good fortunes. The devout worshiper of Shree Krishna pleaded with Ranchhod - the Lord, saying should you concede to my plea my long cherished wishes would be fulfilled.